For clarity, Thomson refers to any one of Thomson Ecology Ltd, Thomson Habitats Ltd or Thomson Unicomarine Ltd.
Why do we collect your personal information?
For clients and suppliers, in order to fulfil the contract between you and Thomson, we need to process certain personal information about you. This information will be used for project management and administrative purposes.
We may also collect your personal information so that we can contact you to offer services or provide news and information which we feel will be of legitimate interest to you.
What personal information might we process?
The data we collect is for business purposes only. The following are examples of information we may obtain from you
- Organisational information such as company name, address, telephone number
- Personal contact information such as your name, job title, business email address, business contact telephone numbers
- Information to enable us to fulfil our contract with you such as your organisation’s bank account details.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
Your information will be stored on Thomson’s internal systems. These systems are protected with security features to try and prevent any unauthorised third party access.
Due to the nature of our business, we find it useful to retain clients’ project files and contact details for an indefinite period in case we need to refer back to the project. Similarly, we keep supplier details on record for many years as we may want to use the same supplier again.
For individuals who have provided their personal details to us using the form on our website or by telephone, we will keep your details for up to 10 years unless you inform us otherwise by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data as follows
- You have the right to unsubscribe to any of our marketing communications at any time. Instructions on how to do this are below in the section entitled ‘how to unsubscribe from our communications
- You have the right to ask Thomson to erase or stop processing your personal data if that data is no longer accurate, up to date or when the further processing of your data would violate current data protection law, provided there is no legal obligation to keep your data. To do so, please contact us at email@example.com
- You have the right to access information held about you. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to information that explains how we are processing your personal information. This privacy notice fulfils our obligation to provide you with such information but please do contact us if you have any questions using this email address: email@example.com
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we are handling your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns .
How to unsubscribe from our communications
To unsubscribe from our marketing email communications, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the footer of the email. Should you do this, we will ensure that you receive no further email communications. Please note that your personal information will be stored to ensure that no further information is received by email.
To unsubscribe from all other forms of marketing communications, such as printed flyers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org but again please note that your personal information will be stored to ensure that no further communications are received.
Who to contact if you have a query about the data we hold
If you have any queries regarding this privacy notice, or regarding your personal information held by Thomson, please contact us via phone on 01483 466000 or email us at email@example.com